4) Recognize the role played by the analysis of formal attributes in artifact seriation and the principles of frequency seriation.
Evaluate the applications and accuracy of dendrochronology and radiocarbon dating.
5) Enumerate the stages of a typical program of archaeological research.
7) Explain remote sensing techniques currently used for site reconnaissance and feature detection.
8) Describe the common techniques of manufacture, decoration, and patterns of use of prehistoric pottery.
Describe the processes which lead to the production of terra cotta, earthenware, glazed pottery, and porcelain.
9) Assess the means by which archaeologists reconstruct the components of past environments such as temperature, precipitation, floral and faunal communities.
10) Discuss the relationship between social complexity and other aspects of past societies.